DIY Lip Balm!
Even though it's spring my lips are still CRAVING some moisture. At work I tend to talk a LOT so by the end of the day I'm usually craving some moisture. About 2-3 years ago I started making my own lip balm (inspired the recipe Wellness Mama created) and today I'm going to explain how to EASILY make your own!
- coconut oil
- shea butter
- essential oils (my favorite is peppermint but you can do any one that you fancy!)
- Lip balm tubes or small container
- a pipette (makes your life easier!)
- bowl and pot (or double boiler if you're fancy like that!)
1. Melt 1-2 tablespoons of beeswax, shea butter, and coconut oil. Melt this over boiling water in a bowl. (If you don't have two bowls, it's okay to just do it over the stove. It just might melt super quick and possibly overheat)
*If you want a thicker blend, add 1-2 tsp of beeswax or shea-butter
2. Takes items off heat. Add essential oils. Start with 5-10 drops of whichever you'd prefer and then add more depending on preference)
3. Use pipettes to fill up containers or tubes. Let it sit until solid.
4. Cap and enjoy!
This is a "wing-it" and have fun kind of recipe! You can make SO many combinations of essential oils. Some of my favorites include: peppermint and orange, peppermint, and lime!
I'd love to know how YOU rock this recipe! Let me know in the comments below!
*THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS WHICH MEANS IF YOU PURCHASE SOME OF THE ITEMS RECOMMEND, I WILL EARN A SMALL COMMISSION WHICH HELPS ME CREATE MORE CONTENT FOR YOU*